This is a delicious way to warm up your winter evenings or for that special occasion.
1 cup Castor Sugar
15ml Smooth Apricot Jam
5ml Bicarbonate of Soda
125ml luke warm, strong Rooibos tea
250ml Cake Flour
5ml White Vinegar
180ml White Sugar
125ml Rooibos tea, hot
5ml Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 1.5 litre baking dish or oven-proof dish with butter.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add whole eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat the mixture until light and fluffy.
- Stir in jam, then stir the baking soda with warm Rooibos and stir it into the egg mixture.
- Sift the flour and salt together and fold into the egg mixture.
- Lastly, stir in the vinegar.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan or dish and bake for 45 minutes.
Rooibos Cream Sauce:
- Place all the ingredients for the cream sauce in a small saucepan and heat over low heat.
- Stir until the butter has melted and the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the warm sauce over the pudding.